Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

manuelfigueira
Helper II
Helper II

Bypass slicer from a different tab (Tooltip)

Hello Everyone,

This has been a never-end challenge around. I have setup a slicer for Periods (P1, P2, etc) on the main tab and i hace created a tooltip tab as well, however, when hoover the mouse over the main page to show the graphs on the tooltip tab the slicer keep affecting the tooltip tab and I what I want is bypass that slicer and keep separated the interaction between the tooltip tab and the main tab? Just for the records, this is nothing to do with the syn slicer option"

Is there any way to do this? My measure in the tooltip tab is 

Processed_Tooltip = CALCULATE(SUM(FACT_Master[GBP Amount]), ALLEXCEPT(FACT_Master,FACT_Master[Period]))

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@manuelfigueira , try measure like

Processed_Tooltip = CALCULATE(SUM(FACT_Master[GBP Amount]), ALL(FACT_Master,FACT_Master[Period]))

or

Processed_Tooltip = CALCULATE(SUM(FACT_Master[GBP Amount]), removefilters(FACT_Master,FACT_Master[Period]))

hello @amitchandak 

Thank you very much for your solution! I tried them and they unfortunetley donesn't work! The tooltip shown on the main page still is filtering the tooltip tab and rather the show me the value from P1 until P6, is showing me whatever period I filter on the main page of my report! 

Any other idea or this goes beyond PBI functionalities think so?

Many thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.