Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Charu
Post Patron
Post Patron

By default Logged in users employee Id selection in slicer

Hi everyone

I'm Using RLS and Direct Query mode when the user logs in it's showing his/her own data but if the user has some person's who are reporting to them then those data also will display.

But by default, I need to display the Logged in user details alone after that from the Slicer filter(Employee id for example) the person can select and see the details of who all are reporting to him/her.

This is possible or not if it's possible please help me get it.

Thanks in advance

4 REPLIES 4
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi Charu,

Based on your description, do you mean that for example:

staffs can see part of report contents while boss can see all the contents which staffs can see. right?

You can create another column and save  boss's UPN then click Modeling->Manage Roles using 2 solutions below:

1.Create a role "Boss and Staff" using DAX: [Boss] = userprincipalname() || [Staff] = userprincipalname() 

1.PNG

2.Create two roles "Boss" and "Staff", in "Boss" using DAX: [Boss] = userprincipalname(), in "Staff" using DAX: [Staff] = userprincipalname() 

2.PNG3.PNG 

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Hi @v-yuta-msft

whether the Role 1) Boss and Staff and 2) Boss,3)staff all three I should create in the same report or else I need to have 2 reports that are one report for Boss and staff and another report for boss, staff 

Hi Charu,

All of the Roles are set in one dataset which is related to one report, so you should create these roles in one report.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

HI @v-yuta-msft

I tried your method, say for an example boss id is abc@domain.com and staffs who are reporting to the boss are xyz@domain.com and pqr@domain.com

once I share the report with the boss ie)abc@domain.com for the Role Boss and Staff it will show him 3records but what I'm asking is when the boss logs in he have to see his record. then In the filter, I'm having their Id so it will show the boss id and the person who is reporting to boss also will be there to see their details boss has to click their ID and see the details.

your Roles doesn't give me what actually I need, please correct me if I'm wrong

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.