Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

kolturra
Helper IV
Helper IV

Buttons to Navigate pages in Power BI

Hi,

Can some one please help with my below query.

Below are the task i did.

1. I have created Dashboard as per my requirment and name this page as Final Sheet

2. I have bookmarked that page

3. Created new page and click upload one image

Now what i want is when i click on image (which i have uploaded in new page), this should take me to "Final Sheet"

Can some one please help me.

Thanks,

K Raghavender Rao

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kolturra

I saw the video that you uploaded, you are just clicking the Image, in Power BI desktop you need to do Ctrl+Click.

Try doing Control+Click

Thanks,

Jayant

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

Click the image. 

Go to formatting

find the actions

turn on actions

Assign bookmark to action

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.

Hi,

I have followed same steps at first place but I am not able to it. i have create video what i am doing, once the issue is resolved i remove this video.

Can you please look at below video and help me.

https://youtu.be/LY5THqJYhGI

Thanks,

K Raghavender rao

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ctrl+ click it will navigate to other page

@MattAllington

Can you please help me with this.

Thanks,

K Raghavender Rao

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @kolturra

If possible can you attach your PoweR BI desktop file, so that I can see if you have created correct bookmarks.

Thanks

-J

Hi @Anonymous,

Can you please help to attached file in this community because i don't find the option here.

Thanks,

K Raghavender Rao

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @kolturra,

You can upload it to onedrive and share the link, is what I meant.

Sorry for the troube.

-J

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kolturra

I saw the video that you uploaded, you are just clicking the Image, in Power BI desktop you need to do Ctrl+Click.

Try doing Control+Click

Thanks,

Jayant

In the PBI desktop, it is Ctrl+Click to navigate the page, but does that mean if I publish to the PBI service, I only need to click the button and it will navigate to the page? thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, @laurafubj,

That's correct.

Thank you very much!

@laurafubj @kolturra @Anonymous @MattAllington 

Hi 

I tried using a button on one sheet (Sheet 1) to navigate to another sheet (sheet 2) by converting the button into a bookmark. 

I created a button (in a blank PowerBI file) and turned on the action option and then selected the bookmark option (type of action). Then under the Bookmarks pane I created a new bookmark, named it 'Page 2'. Then selected the 'Page 2' bookmark back in the action option. After this I tried clicking the button on 'Page 1' . Ideally after clicking the button I should be seeing the Page 2, but nothing happens.

Can someone please help.

Thanks an Regards,

RJ 

Use Ctrl + Click

In the PBI desktop, it is Ctrl+Click to navigate the page, but does that mean if I publish to the PBI service, I only need to click the button and it will navigate to the page? thanks.

@Anonymous

You are right...if i press CTRL + Mouse Click then it is working.

Thanks,

K Raghavender Rao

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.