Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

kolturra
Helper IV
Helper IV

Buttons to Navigate pages in Power BI

Hi,

Can some one please help with my below query.

Below are the task i did.

1. I have created Dashboard as per my requirment and name this page as Final Sheet

2. I have bookmarked that page

3. Created new page and click upload one image

Now what i want is when i click on image (which i have uploaded in new page), this should take me to "Final Sheet"

Can some one please help me.

Thanks,

K Raghavender Rao

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kolturra

I saw the video that you uploaded, you are just clicking the Image, in Power BI desktop you need to do Ctrl+Click.

Try doing Control+Click

Thanks,

Jayant

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

Click the image. 

Go to formatting

find the actions

turn on actions

Assign bookmark to action

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.

Hi,

I have followed same steps at first place but I am not able to it. i have create video what i am doing, once the issue is resolved i remove this video.

Can you please look at below video and help me.

https://youtu.be/LY5THqJYhGI

Thanks,

K Raghavender rao

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ctrl+ click it will navigate to other page

@MattAllington

Can you please help me with this.

Thanks,

K Raghavender Rao

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @kolturra

If possible can you attach your PoweR BI desktop file, so that I can see if you have created correct bookmarks.

Thanks

-J

Hi @Anonymous,

Can you please help to attached file in this community because i don't find the option here.

Thanks,

K Raghavender Rao

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @kolturra,

You can upload it to onedrive and share the link, is what I meant.

Sorry for the troube.

-J

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kolturra

I saw the video that you uploaded, you are just clicking the Image, in Power BI desktop you need to do Ctrl+Click.

Try doing Control+Click

Thanks,

Jayant

In the PBI desktop, it is Ctrl+Click to navigate the page, but does that mean if I publish to the PBI service, I only need to click the button and it will navigate to the page? thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, @laurafubj,

That's correct.

Thank you very much!

@laurafubj @kolturra @Anonymous @MattAllington 

Hi 

I tried using a button on one sheet (Sheet 1) to navigate to another sheet (sheet 2) by converting the button into a bookmark. 

I created a button (in a blank PowerBI file) and turned on the action option and then selected the bookmark option (type of action). Then under the Bookmarks pane I created a new bookmark, named it 'Page 2'. Then selected the 'Page 2' bookmark back in the action option. After this I tried clicking the button on 'Page 1' . Ideally after clicking the button I should be seeing the Page 2, but nothing happens.

Can someone please help.

Thanks an Regards,

RJ 

Use Ctrl + Click

In the PBI desktop, it is Ctrl+Click to navigate the page, but does that mean if I publish to the PBI service, I only need to click the button and it will navigate to the page? thanks.

@Anonymous

You are right...if i press CTRL + Mouse Click then it is working.

Thanks,

K Raghavender Rao

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.