Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

samnaw
Resolver I
Resolver I

Buttons and we links

Hello:

I havent used PBI for a while and I am getting confused with the new button set up. 

Situation: I have several PBI works books loaded in my app (premium account) and I want to create a button to do page navigation. My workbooks are in hierachy (i.e pbix1-->pbix2-->pbix3-->pbix4). Each pbix is a different file and I have used navigation (sections) to create a hierachy. 

Question 1: How do I add text to a Button. All I see is this. I can add a title, but not a text in the middle of the button. 

P1.JPG

Question 2: Ok so I know that you probably do an action (Web URL) to link to another powerbi report. But Where do you get the link for each pbix?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
jdbuchanan71
Super User
Super User

@samnaw 

The field to input text for the button is under the Botton pane.

jdbuchanan71_0-1653179277391.png

To get the URL for each report you go to the report in the service, in the workspace where you published it.

jdbuchanan71_1-1653179425450.png

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
jdbuchanan71
Super User
Super User

@samnaw 

The field to input text for the button is under the Botton pane.

jdbuchanan71_0-1653179277391.png

To get the URL for each report you go to the report in the service, in the workspace where you published it.

jdbuchanan71_1-1653179425450.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.