Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Buttons & tooltips help

I am trying to create an interactive visualization. I've read up on buttons and tooltips but I'm not sure that their functionality is exactly what I am looking for. Is it possible for me to create buttons so that when the user clicks on one, certain objects (more specifically: card visuals, shapes [lines], text boxes) come to the forefront of the report page? I've tried Format --> edit interactions, but I am at a loss about what to do from there.

Any help is appreciated.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
jdbuchanan71
Super User
Super User

Hello @Anonymous 

You can use bookmarks to achieve what you describe.  Here is a link to the video that the Guy in a Cube team did on bookmarks and visuals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Afcj8mT5_Q

Take a look at that first then let us know if you have additional questions.

View solution in original post

dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi EmilyNomura,

Yes, we could use bookmark and spotlight to achieve. You could click view-Bookmark oane, then enable spotlight for corresponding visuals and create bookmark. Then you will get below result 

213.PNG

You also could refer to this video for more details (SpotLight Bookmark and Selection pane power BI) .

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi EmilyNomura,

Yes, we could use bookmark and spotlight to achieve. You could click view-Bookmark oane, then enable spotlight for corresponding visuals and create bookmark. Then you will get below result 

213.PNG

You also could refer to this video for more details (SpotLight Bookmark and Selection pane power BI) .

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

jdbuchanan71
Super User
Super User

Hello @Anonymous 

You can use bookmarks to achieve what you describe.  Here is a link to the video that the Guy in a Cube team did on bookmarks and visuals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Afcj8mT5_Q

Take a look at that first then let us know if you have additional questions.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.