Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

p_rathinavel
Advocate I
Advocate I

Buttons & Bookmarks

Hi All, 

I have been working on a personal exercise in the Power BI desktop, using buttons and bookmarks to switch between charts and tables (refer to the image below). 

p_rathinavel_0-1620472651613.png

Let us consider the first visual from the left (Category breakdown), I'm able to set up bookmarks and switch between Visual and Tabular buttons only with the following bookmark's properties, 

p_rathinavel_1-1620472806675.png

And, when I switch between the bookmarks buttons the other visuals in the report are changing. 

In order to detach the interaction, I unchecked the All visuals and checked Selected visuals. When I do so, the bookmarks are not functioning. 

Could you please help me with this issue, so that when I switch between the buttons under the three visuals (Category breakdown, Store breakdown, Variation of Net Sales), it reflects only in the specific visual? 

For example; When I switch between the buttons in the visual Category breakdown, only the visuals in this section should change. And, when I switch between the button in Store breakdown, only the visuals in this section should change and the other visuals shouldn't interact. 

Looking forward to your help, many thanks in advance!

Cheers!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Fowmy
Super User
Super User

@p_rathinavel 

Before you tick "Selected Visuals", make sure you have selected all the relevant objects in the Selection Pane. For example: To set up for the Category Breakdown charts, select the Chart, Table and the two buttons then update the bookmark.

The point is, if you are applying "Selected Visuals",  you need to select those visuals in the selection pane.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! and hit thumbs up

Subscribe and learn Power BI from these videos

Website LinkedIn PBI User Group

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Fowmy
Super User
Super User

@p_rathinavel 

Before you tick "Selected Visuals", make sure you have selected all the relevant objects in the Selection Pane. For example: To set up for the Category Breakdown charts, select the Chart, Table and the two buttons then update the bookmark.

The point is, if you are applying "Selected Visuals",  you need to select those visuals in the selection pane.

Great! It worked well for me. 

Thanks to @Fowmy 

Glad it worked!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.