cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
luca_borome Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Button with a dynamic link

Hi all,

I want to know if it is possible to create a button with a dynamic link.

In fact, it will allow end-users to get into another application "Lotus Notes" to see the details of a ticket.

But for that, they must select 2 filters : ID Doc and Ticket.

I created this measure : 

= "notes://APARSSMA01/C12570DC0049FF14/62129FDB815B9930C1257CDD00601919/"& SELECTEDVALUE(EDOC[ID Doc]) & "/" & "EDOC-" & SELECTEDVALUE(EDOC[Ticket])

So this is the dynamic link but I cannot put it in the field WEB URL (see screenshot below) : 
dzvzfzcd.PNG

Someone can help me please ? 

Best Regards 
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: Button with a dynamic link

I’m sure this will come, but it doesn’t work that way now. You could try adding these links as a column in the ticket table. A column can be set as “data category” = Web link.  Then when you add it to a table (values section) it should be clickable. See how it goes

* Matt is a Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: Button with a dynamic link

I’m sure this will come, but it doesn’t work that way now. You could try adding these links as a column in the ticket table. A column can be set as “data category” = Web link.  Then when you add it to a table (values section) it should be clickable. See how it goes

* Matt is a Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Can You Solve These Challenge

Challenge: Can You Solve These?

Find out how to participate in the first Power BI 'Can You Solve These?' challenge.

New Badges

Incoming: New and Improved Badges

Exciting news: We've given our badges an overhaul and added brand news ones.

Ask Amir Anything

Exclusive LIVE Community Event No. 2 – Ask Amir Anything

Next in our Triple A series: Ask Amir Netz questions about the latest updates, features and future.

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Experience a limitless analytics service built to ingest, prep, manage, and serve data for immediate use in Power BI.

Users Online
Currently online: 148 members 1,910 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: