Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Button to turn filters on or off?

Is there a way to have a button that will turn on/off filter(s) on a specific visual?  What I'm stuck doing now is creating multiple tabs that have certain filters applied, but that seems clunky.  I'd like the user to have a slicer on the filter for a visual, not the values of the field itsef if that makes sense?

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Below is the way around I found:

Use combination of Bookmark and Button.

Create two bookmarks - 1 with filter on and another with filter off.

Create two buttons with action type as Bookmark and assign 1 bookmark for each.

You can now switch the view based on these buttons.

Anonymous
Not applicable

You can add a new column with the conditions you want (like YES and NO) and add a new visualization called ChicletSlicer. Then you need to direct your new column to that visual and you will only see two options in your visual that will filter according to your conditions.

v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

Unfortunately, there is no such an functionality that allows us to add a separate button to turn on/off slicer filters for specific visual.

Regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
blopez11
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

If I am understanding you correctly, you want to disable the interaction between the visuals (i.e. you don't want one visual to filter another visual)

If that is the case, you can do so

In the Desktop, select the visual in question, select the Format tab, then select "Edit interactions", then for each of the other visuals, hover over them and select the None icon on the top right for that visual

Repeat for each visual turning off the interactions

Then you may have to republish your report

There may be a way to edit this directly in the service, but I haven't done that

Hope this helps,

Anonymous
Not applicable

What I'm trying to accomplish is have a visual set up that initially shows select filters.  Then, have a button somewhere that a user can click that uses the same visual, but deselects the original filters and applies a new set.  Basically, switching the filters without creating multiple tabs for different scenarios that use the same type of visual.

Oh, got it

I don't know of a way

Maybe the new bookmarking feature would be able to accomplish this, but I haven't done any work with them yet

Maybe others have experience

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.