Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

kmaranto
Frequent Visitor

Button Transparency Broken

Hello,

There appears to be a bug with the button transparency.  The transparency slider only changes the lightness or darkness of the button and doesn't change the opacity.

Screenshot of a supposedly 50% transparent button shown in gray:

kmaranto_0-1675833391531.png

These are the transparency settings for the button:

kmaranto_1-1675833437279.png

Shape transparency seems to be unaffected.  This is only affecting buttons.  If there is a fix or workaround any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
JVN

Had same problem. Turned out that the theme applied a backgroundcolor to buttons as well. 
If you check the Button under the "General" option and then "Effects" -> "Background" it might be turned on there. 

View solution in original post

kmaranto
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the reply.  I don't think I would have been able to resolve this without the pointer.

You were correct, the theme was the culprit.  I'm using the default theme, so, to fix it, I went to "View" > Click the theme dropdown arrow next to the theme icons > Select "Customize current theme."  Power BI then prompted me that Microsoft had made updates to the default theme and provided an option to update.  I chose the option to update and the button transparency works again.

Thanks again!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
JVN

Had same problem. Turned out that the theme applied a backgroundcolor to buttons as well. 
If you check the Button under the "General" option and then "Effects" -> "Background" it might be turned on there. 

kmaranto
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the reply.  I don't think I would have been able to resolve this without the pointer.

You were correct, the theme was the culprit.  I'm using the default theme, so, to fix it, I went to "View" > Click the theme dropdown arrow next to the theme icons > Select "Customize current theme."  Power BI then prompted me that Microsoft had made updates to the default theme and provided an option to update.  I chose the option to update and the button transparency works again.

Thanks again!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.