Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Button/Filter | Button trigger and filter values

Hello,

short directly question, is it possible to create a button which trigger a measure which only show 3 supplier at my table? 

Or are there other solutions?

File:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ar9P7_DTkCuW5W5ELYRAQ877do7Y

Thanks for helping!

Kind regards,

Unkown

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Anonymous updated file attached with working buttons. 

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Nishantjain
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Possibly two options

1. Create 2 visuals using 2 measures and hide/unhide them using bookmarks
2. Use a slicer instead of a button. You can create a measure that can use the slicer selection to dynamically filter the number of suppliers you want to show. Look at this post https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/Dynamic-TopN-made-easy-with-What-If-Parameter/ba-p/3...
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous thanks for sharing pbix but not very clear what you are actually looking?

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Nishantjain  thanks alot for your share your idea and maybe i need this one later ;D. 
And additional if its not so a much work, could you make a sample in a new tab at my Sample1 File? 
I think for other User would be great and for my too ( iam not so the power bi hero ;D) 

@parry2k  sorry for my late writing. 

i have think about it and it right i did not describe it exactly: (BTW: i have updated the file)

Bild1.PNG

So i have three buttons two of them have numbers, when you click of a button ( for example button with number 3) then you see only 3 suppliers( with ranking 1-3). Same thing when you click button with the number 6 you see only 6 suppliers ( with ranking 1-6) 

The last button with the arrow reset the supplier table and show all values.

I hope i could explain it well. 🙂 

Thanks for helping!

@Anonymous updated file attached with working buttons. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@parry2k  thanks a lot 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.