Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Business question with data problems

Hi Power BI gurus,

I am having an extreme difficult in showing the following visual. Let's start with the dataset.

Team NameProduct 1Product 2Product 3Product 4Product 5
Team 134215
Team 254321
Team 312345
Team 413524
Team 523154

So basically, this is a survey done where the different teams were asked to order the Product they would be interested in. The lower the number, the higher the priority. So "1" means, first choice for the respective team. The business question I am trying to answer is - show which what teams have selected Product 1 as their choice, what teams have selected Product 2 as their choice and so on. Any good way to show this in a visual? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
calerof
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hi @Anonymous ,

Does this work?

survey_comm.png

Just loaded the data table, cleaned it and showed the filtered results, pretty straight forward.

Here is the pbix file.

Regards,

Fernando

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
KenSkinner
Frequent Visitor

Okay, I'm no expert, but here's one way:

1.  I copied your table into a blank query

2.  Selected the Product 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 columns

3.  Unpivoted the selected columns

4.  Renamed the new second column to "Product"

5.  Renamed the last column to just "Quantity"

6.  This gives you the records in three columns - Team Name, Product and Quantity.  Closed and applied.

7.  Added a Stacked Column Chart and put the Product as the axis, Team Name as the Legend and Quantity as the Value.

Here's what you get:

Chart.JPG

Using this chart you can tell which product sold the most and which team sold the most for each product.  Of course you can sort by product so you quickly see the products in line by number, but I think this is better.  Hope that helps.

Ahh, just read your post a little closer - thought you were looking at quantity sold - my bad

calerof
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hi @Anonymous ,

Does this work?

survey_comm.png

Just loaded the data table, cleaned it and showed the filtered results, pretty straight forward.

Here is the pbix file.

Regards,

Fernando

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.