Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Business days between two dates

Hey guys,

First of all - I know there's a lot of topics on related cases, but I couldn't find the solution to mine, tried most of them.

I have a function that it's counting the days between one date and today: 

Days in current status = datediff (if (Tasks[Task Status] = "Open", Tasks[Created].[Date], TODAY()), TODAY(), DAY)

The trick I'm facing here is that "Tasks" table is storing multiple rows and I need to filter for the latest one (that it's marked as "Open").
I have created a new query called DateCal which is counting weekdays as "1" and weekends as "0":

pbi1.jpg

I can't find a way to display them as weekdays, can somebody advise?

Thanks in advance!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@bartekjgs

What I've done is use a calendar table with working days. Instead of the second date, you can use today(). There is no need for an aggeration function on other dates.

refer :https://www.dropbox.com/s/y47ah38sr157l7t/Order_delivery_date_diff.pbix?dl=0

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

Of course @amitchandak,
so basically what I've done is revise the function a bit:

Business days in current status = 
var Opentaskdate = if(Tasks[Task Status] = "Open", Tasks[Created].[ Date], TODAY())
return

CALCULATE(
    COUNTROWS ( DateCal),
    DATESBETWEEN(DateCal[Data].[ Date],  Opentaskdate, TODAY()),
    DateCal[IsWorkday] = 1,
    ALL ( DateCal[Data] )
)

Now it serves my purpose as desired! 🙂

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@bartekjgs

What I've done is use a calendar table with working days. Instead of the second date, you can use today(). There is no need for an aggeration function on other dates.

refer :https://www.dropbox.com/s/y47ah38sr157l7t/Order_delivery_date_diff.pbix?dl=0

Anonymous
Not applicable

@amitchandak not quite sure if I understand what you mean... I have came up with a little different, simpler solution, but the file you have shared has given me some useful tips, so thanks for that!

@Anonymous , If possible please also post your solution. So that it can help others. Kudos to you!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Of course @amitchandak,
so basically what I've done is revise the function a bit:

Business days in current status = 
var Opentaskdate = if(Tasks[Task Status] = "Open", Tasks[Created].[ Date], TODAY())
return

CALCULATE(
    COUNTROWS ( DateCal),
    DATESBETWEEN(DateCal[Data].[ Date],  Opentaskdate, TODAY()),
    DateCal[IsWorkday] = 1,
    ALL ( DateCal[Data] )
)

Now it serves my purpose as desired! 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.