Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AlexH330
Frequent Visitor

Burnup/burndown/cumulative sum calc not working in specific case

Hi,

I've been working on some burnup/down measures, and have used this forum and other resources to find the following general format, which works in most cases:

Burnup: CALCULATE([Measure], FILTER(ALLSELECTED('Date'),'Date'[Date], 'Date[Date] <= MAX('Date'[Date]))

For burndown, the final parameter switches from <= MAX to >= MIN.

This has worked in most of my cases, except one series.

This series is meant to be a forecast series, and looks like this:

Forecast = IF(SELECTEDVALUE('Date'[Date]) >= TODAY(), [Measure],BLANK())

Then, if I try to burn this up/down with the previously shown calculations, it shows blank values. If I change the BLANK() to a 0, the burnup/down shows 0s. What's going on here? Is my limiting the dates of the series affecting the burnup/down calculations, and if so how do I fix this?

3 REPLIES 3
Fowmy
Super User
Super User

@AlexH330 

If you could share sample data along with expected results, it will be great.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! and hit thumbs up

Subscribe and learn Power BI from these videos

Website LinkedIn PBI User Group

@Fowmy  Sure, I'll show how these measures would look in a matrix.

EDIT: I'm trying to put html tables in here but the forums aren't letting me, so my post is in the below image link

https://imgur.com/a/h1fFrsF

Hi @AlexH330 

sorry for not very clear about the result you want, do you mean Cumulative Sum/Burnup of Forecast series with the same measure will show blank because of the Date limit in measure? and you want to fix it, and show all series including forecast series in the same table visual? ( The visual in your screenshot is table, so I guess you want to show series in table visual)

could you share your PBI file after removing sensitive information, so that we can work it out more quickly.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Tang

If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.