Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Bundesliga Team Performance

Hi all,

I'm currently working on building a soccer report, based on the German Bundesliga league that's due to start up again this weekend.

I'm struggling to get a visual that tracks a teams points as the months go on, it should be a simple line chart that goes up, however something is busted and I can't figure it out. The league table on the left is correct, which is built by a measure adding the points awarded by each team when they're away, to the points the same team scored when playing at home (both columns), however when trying to bring a date into the equation is doesn't calculate correctly.image.png

^ See above, line graph should slowly increase to 55 points in the case of Bayern Munich, but it stops arouund 40 then declines?

I'm assuming this is relationship based as I've seperated the Home Results and Away Results to allow me to calculate Home vs Away effectiveness, but I couldn't see another way to get proper home vs away stats. Would love some help on how to build this better!

The dataset I've used to create this is downloadable here, (I chose the XLS) - https://fixturedownload.com/results/bundesliga-2019 

The PBIX file is here, please feel free to jump in, edit and send back - https://www.dropbox.com/s/m18spfm6qd3lsdu/Bundesliga%20Stats%20-%20Online%20Gateway%20Test.pbix?dl=0...

Kind regards,

Jordan 

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

Thanks for providing solutions, I ended up using my Fixtures table as a bridge and date table to fix this issue.

image.png

I set both the relationships as single, many to many, with the fixture list filtering the Home results table to avoid losing anything. I did the exact same with the Away Results column.   

image.png

I'll leave the files links intact so anyone who finds this thread can view the problem and see how the solution fixes it.

Kind regards,

Jordan 

v-gizhi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi,

It is because your total team points were filtered by date.

The line chart showed commonly.

If you want to increase to 55, you can try to ingore the date filter.

Please try to create a seperate date as X axis:

Table = UNION(DISTINCT('Away Results'[Date of Game]),DISTINCT('Home Results'[Date of Game]))

The result shows:

6.PNG

Best Regards,

Giotto

vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

create one date table and link it to both of them using that date.

easy to create with 

new table

date table = calendarauto()

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

camargos88
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Anonymous ,

You are having problem with your dates.

You have 2 tables (Away/Home), in this chart you are using the Away dates.

Try append both tables and using a column to separate them.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.