Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

davekerby
Helper II
Helper II

Bullet Point within Text box

Hi,

Can anyone help.

I have a text box on my report which contains some commentry. I have managed to add a bullet point by use the '-' icon and then presssing space, however when i flick between report pages this disapears?

Any ideas as to why? or is they another way to add a bullet point to my text box?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @davekerby,

We currently do not support un/ordered list in the textbox. Quill (the library we use to run the editor) allowing un/ordered listst to be created is a bug. We are currently upgrading to a new version of Quill that does not have this issue. The new version should included in the official release of PBI Desktop around August.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
Absolutesoul

I Understand that it has been a few years since this question was posted, for those that search for answer in the future. 

I found that using UNICHAR(8226) gives you a bullet point. I got this by following @Fred2735 suggestion of copying from MS Word and pasting into PBI and using DAX UNICODE( "

• ") to get the number
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft,

Do you have an update on this? Having a bulleted list is very important and should be a standard feature of a text box.

Thanks,

James

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @davekerby,

We currently do not support un/ordered list in the textbox. Quill (the library we use to run the editor) allowing un/ordered listst to be created is a bug. We are currently upgrading to a new version of Quill that does not have this issue. The new version should included in the official release of PBI Desktop around August.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I understand that it's been a long time since this was originally posted but thought I would reply for anyone searching in the future.

Firstly this should not be the accepted solution as it's no solution.

I found that using UNICHAR(8226) gives you a bullet point. I got this by following @Fred2735 suggestion of copying from MS Word and pasting into PBI and using DAX UNICODE( "

• ") to get the number

It's been 4 years and no update on this till now

Write your text in Word with the bullets in then , highlight all , right click "copy " or Ctr'l C

then over to Power BI and Ctr'l V it in - edit to suit 

As a MS product one would have assumed the basic mouse functions should be generic across all apps but hey this is why this forum has so many more questions that it does answers.

Just a lad learning me 

I'd like to see this improvement to text boxes too. I paste in the bullet symbol from Word - I find the character seems to be imported in the "Symbol" font and it looks quite presentable. If you convert it to almost any other font however, it becomes so tiny it almost disappears.

Sample Bullet.jpg

However there doesn't seem to be a way to neatly format text that wraps on to more than one row when the bullet point is indented (i.e. behaviour like that displayed in Word), which desperately needs fixing. Please can we have enhancements to the text box object?

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's been years since this was posted and I still cannot add a bulleted list to Power BI. Has Quill been updated to support this? Or is there another option? This is quite the limitation for something that is so simple in other applications.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately the text editor has not seen many, if any updates. I keep hoping that will come in a future update.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Has this upgrade been applied yet? I still can't seem to find a way to add bullets in Power BI text box.

Is there any update on this?

I solved this by using the ASCI code for a bullet point ALT+7. See here.

I solved this by using the ASCI code for a bullet point ALT+7. See here.

Good news.

Denis

v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@davekerby

I reproduced same issue as yours. We have reported it internally.

Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.