Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mahawkins3
Helper I
Helper I

Bullet Chart 1.8.0 broken

Is anyone else having issues with bullet charts (the non-OKViz ones) since the July 2018 update? Our main KPI dashboard relies heavily on these, and since the recent update these charts have all vanished when viewed on the latest version of Power BI Desktop and also Service. When I open the report with the June version of desktop it's fine though.

4 REPLIES 4
v-danhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @mahawkins3,

could you please tell me if your problem has been solved? If it is, could you please mark the helpful replies as Answered?

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Daniel - sorry for the delay in replying. Afraid I haven't been able to get it to work; also I cannot send you the pbix as it contains sensitive data.

I did wonder if it might just be existing bullet charts that somehow stopped working and new ones that I create would work, but this isn't the case - new instances of the visual do not work either. I think I'll have to just scrap them and use the OKViz version instead.

It seems like the bullet chart visual now only works if you include something in the Category field. I had previously left this blank as I only want to show one value per bullet rather than breaking things down by various categories, and it worked just fine, but since the update this no longer seems to work. This is fixable, if a little annoying!

v-danhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @mahawkins3,

Based on my test, it could work on my side:

Service:

1.PNG

Desktop:

2.PNG

I would suggest you test again. If issue persists, would you please share your pbix file if possible? Also you can test with our sample report on your side to see if the same issue occurs.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6vg05d765rl1aft/BulletChart.pbix?dl=0

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.