Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

tylerbauer
Helper II
Helper II

Building slicers across multiple tables

I have three tables, two from Excel and one from SQL Server. I want to filter all of the tables with one date slicer. I created a Date Table with one to many relationships with each of the three tables. These one to many relationships connected a date from the Date Table with different dates in the three tables. The date slicer filter is not working. 

Do you have any ideas on how to approach this problem?

7 REPLIES 7
Rfranca
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

Hi, @tylerbauer

Share the link where I can download your data file to help with the solution.

Best Regards,
Rfranca

Hi Rfrance, unfortunately I can't do that. Do you have any general questions I could answer?

hi @tylerbauer

check if your PBIX (data and relationship) are according to the image?

As you can see the query works correctly.

Clipboard0a1.gifClipboard0a2.gif

Please try and test using it. And please mark the right reply as answer if your issue has been resolved, otherwise, please feel free to ask if you have any other issue.

Best Regards,
Rfranca

Hi @Rfranca, I tested this schema (this is what we used before) and the filter is not working correctly. Do the dates have to be in a specific format to work? Also which relationships need to be one direction vs bi-directional?

hi, @tylerbauer

see the pictures,

Clipboard0ad1.gifClipboard0ad2.gifClipboard0ad3.giff

Please try and test using it. And please mark the right reply as answer if your issue has been resolved, otherwise, please feel free to ask if you have any other issue.

Best Regards,
Rfranca

Hi Rfranca, I tried that but it still isn't working. I was able to make it work for one table with just a DateInt number (01/01/2018 would be 01012018) and it worked. Have you tried this?

@tylerbauer,

Does your Date table contain all  the possible date values of the other three tables? And If you use DateInt field of Date table to create relationship, do you have DateInt field(whole number data type) in the other three tables? Also please make sure that you use the Date field of the Date table to create slicer.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.