Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

zoecge
Frequent Visitor

Building a growth-rate szenario

Hi together.

Does anybody know how to implement the following feature the best way in PowerBi: i want to add a growth simulation in a revenue chart. The user selects the year and the growthrate and the chart shows the curve. E.g: the selected growthrate would be 10%, beginning in year 2018 - then an additional curve should appear and show the growth simulation from year 2018 ongoing. The challenge is to store the value of revenue 2018 x growthrate as the base of the next years growthrate value.

Thank you for your support
5 REPLIES 5
zoecge
Frequent Visitor

There is no data avalable for the growth rate, i want to do this with dax.
zayan
Regular Visitor

Could you please let me know the data source type? so I could provide an efficient solution

zoecge
Frequent Visitor

Power bi is connected with sql server management studio.

@zoecgecan you share sample data in excel based on your table in sql server (remove any sensitive information) and required output, will help to answer your question., 

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

I will provide an excel as soon as possible. Currently the chart only shows the revenue in the years from 2017-2022 based on projects which are already sold to customers. For the growth szenario i dont have any tables yet. I want to implement that feature. It should add a growth szenario line. For example: i click on the growh filter where several % values are listed and then a line appears which shows what would happen if the desired growthrate is e.g. 5% and when you click on it you can compare the annual growth rate of 5% with the revenue which is already booked business. The result should show some kind of gap.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.