Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AbhinavD
Frequent Visitor

Building a dynamic IRR (using the XIRR function) model based on a WhatIF parameter

Need some help building an IRR model in Power BI desktop.

I need to make it dynamic, where the user can select how much to add/subtract from the Initial Equity invesment and see the resultant change in IRR. the data looks like this:

The dataThe data

I am currently using the XIRR function to calculate IRR.

IRR = XIRR(Combined_IRR_File,Combined_IRR_File[Venture CF.Value],Combined_IRR_File[Date].[Date],1)
I need to make a slicer that is used to change the value of Venture_CF (in the row marked by "Column8" under the Attribute column). This needs to be inputed again as a parameter for the IRR function.

I am currently unable to create a new column that can feature the change brought in by the slicer selection, and feed it back into the XIRR function.
DemoVisuals.JPG

Any help is appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
TeigeGao
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

HI @AbhinavD ,

For the whatif scenario, we can use the calculate() and filter() function to get the result.

Best Regards,

Teige

@Teisi thanks for your input. 

I tried doing the same, but I cant picture how this would work.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.