Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

luvagoldenk9
Helper II
Helper II

Building a Power BI Report around Sharepoint Files

There are 5 sharepoint folders that have files in them. I need to build a report that details a custom field that is viewable online:

luvagoldenk9_0-1656009592992.png

I am connecting through the Sharepoint Online List connector. I can see the file name through expanding Files.Folder Name. Not able to see the other file-related fields like created by, modified by, modified date, or current status field for the individual files. 

Would anyone have any suggestions as to how to access the other fields (created by, modified by, modified date, current status) is information for all files in the 5 folders?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@ribisht17 

Thank you for the quick response. That solution is very helpful for a Power App but it did not cross over well to Power BI.

I was actually able to resolve and find the Share Point custom fields. I had to use the expansion fields for Folder.Files, Folder.Files.ListItemAllFields, and FieldValuesAsText.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ribisht17
Super User
Super User

@luvagoldenk9 

Here is a similar post Solved: Cannot get Created By or Modified By from sharepoi... - Power Platform Community (microsoft....

Regards,

Ritesh

Mark my post as a solution if it helped you| Munde and Kudis (Ladies and Gentlemen) I like your Kudos!! !!
My YT Channel Dancing With Data !! Connect on Linkedin !!Power BI for Tableau Users 

@ribisht17 

Thank you for the quick response. That solution is very helpful for a Power App but it did not cross over well to Power BI.

I was actually able to resolve and find the Share Point custom fields. I had to use the expansion fields for Folder.Files, Folder.Files.ListItemAllFields, and FieldValuesAsText.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.