Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

nitskulkarni
Regular Visitor

Build trend analysis data

Hi All

I have a report which is refreshedevery week an shows the snapshot of data after every refresh. I now want to keep the summary numbers in some static table/file and then show the trend based on data for last 8 weeks. How can I achive this?

Thanks Nitin
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
7 REPLIES 7
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @nitskulkarni,

Your reports refresh very week, you refresh it manually or you connect the database live directly? The new data will replace the old one when you update. Every time, you add record summary in an excel file, then you can use the data to create a line chart to show the trend.

I am not very clear your summary number. Usage Metrics may help you, you can publish your report to Power BI service and use it. Please review the following article how to use it.

Measure and magnify your impact with dashboard and report Usage Metrics for content creators

Best Regards,
Angelia

Hi Angelia

The report is weekely refreshed completely by replacing the old data with the new one. On the first page on the report I show a summay of the highlights of the report and on the next and last 2 pages some views are present to show the detailed data as per user requested format.

To elaboarte better, as an example lets say I the customer data for 10 customers which is incomplete and I am showing this on my dashboard. Now in week 1 the users have corrected the data for 2 of these and in the next week 3 of these. Then on my dashbord I want to show a line which starts at 10 at the beggining of week1, 8 at the beggining of week 2 and 5 at the beggining of week 3. This is to show how the customer data is improving over a period of time.

I hope this helps in explaining.

Thanks Nitin

Hi @nitskulkarni,

For your example, in week 1 the users have corrected the data for 2, we can not calculate how many users' data have been changed because the new data will cover the old data. You need to create a new table to record every week's number based on slicer, it means you need to create a dynamic table in Power BI desktop, it's impossible.

Best regards,
Angelia

Hello,

It is possible, I do it to analyze Dynamics CRM data, I'm currently translating the tutorial to english, will post a link here when i'm done 😄

Hi @Salvador

Awaiting your solution so that I can use it for my report 🙂

Cheers!!!

Nitin

Hi @Salvador,

Welcome to share your solution.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.