Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Build in Navigation Template which adapts when changed

Hi,

I have this question I have created a Template which among other things includes a navigation group on the left below the Blue box.

When one clicks on a topic in the list a new list of subtopics appears directly on the right of the topic and the user can cus this to navigate through the dashboard.

Template.JPG

However everytime I add/remove a page I need to go to adapt every page in my dashboard because the navigation menu must be updated. 

The fastest way to do this by my knowledge is to group the navigation bar and copy/paste it into every page (and bookmark?), which is not very time effective.

Is there way to create a standard template that will be included in every page and I only have to change the standard instead of every page?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous ,

Yes, every time you add a new page you need to add a new button on your navigation bar and link it with new page ,copy it to the all pages.

I haven't found any simple way to do it. But could create a power bi app be a workaround? You can customize navigation bar for the app. Please refer to https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/designing-custom-navigation-for-power-bi-apps-is-now-available/

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , You can create a template. But once you use you just need to make sure you work on a copy of that page, not on that page.

means create a page and always work on a copy of that. You can save that page in a template 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am not sure what you mean.

To clarify I already have a dashboard and if I want to add a page to my dashboard thus also in my navigation menu. (read add a few bottons for each page in my dashboard). 

I am looking for a way so that only have to modify one page (the template) without having to copy/paste the template to the already existing pages in my dashboard.

I am not sure what you mean with your suggestion but I read it as make a template page (like the image above) and modify that one and copy as many times as I need and then make my dashboard but that would mean I have to make my entire dashboard again and that the very last thing I want!

Could you explain what you mean, or point out what is unclear about my question?

Hi @Anonymous ,

Yes, every time you add a new page you need to add a new button on your navigation bar and link it with new page ,copy it to the all pages.

I haven't found any simple way to do it. But could create a power bi app be a workaround? You can customize navigation bar for the app. Please refer to https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/designing-custom-navigation-for-power-bi-apps-is-now-available/

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Dedmon,

Thanks for the answer.

The PowerBI App could indeed be a workaround but I need to embed the PowerBI APP on a website (wordpress) and after some testing I can't figure out how to make it work. Taking the ReportID won't work and it seems that when I take the AppID it gives me an error. Any ideas if and how I can make it work?

Hi @Anonymous ,

It seems that we can't embedded power bi app into website. There is no field for you to enter app id.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.