Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

QMYork
Regular Visitor

Build Visuals

I need some help! When I go to build my visual in PBI the "Values" box is missing. Small multiples has taken its place. How can I get "Values" back" so I can build my visuals? I am sure it is an easy xfix but I am VERY frustrated!Missing Values.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
KerKol
Super User
Super User

I believe the Values box has been renamed to be the Y-Axis

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
QMYork
Regular Visitor

Thanks for your reply. 

You're right - It seems that the "Values" has been replaced by the "Y-Axis".  It makes sense, really since in vertical graphs the values you are interested in a described or measured on the Y axis. This seems to be a recent change.  I wish Msft had some sort of pop-up or additional description that indicated next to "Y-Axis" that is was alled "Values".   For horizontal graphs things are just reveresed - the detail you are measuring in (formerly "Values") would now be the 'X-Axis". 

Hi @QMYork ,

May I ask what type of visual you are using? You seem to be using the new Format pane, where the Y axis option corresponds to the original Values option.

Old Format paneOld Format pane

New Format paneNew Format pane

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I seems I am using the new format pane.  I am not sure how I switched - perhaps a product update?  I just turned it one day and the format pane had changed.  I do see now that the "Y-Axis" serves as the "Values" feature did in the past.  I understand why that works as well; it makes sense. 

I would hope that changes like this would be supported with some type of "screen tip" or "tool tip" to illuminate this to the novice user like me.

Hi @QMYork ,

You can select File > Options and settings > Options to open Options page, uncheck the option "New format pane" under the Preview features tab to revert back to old format pane...

yingyinr_0-1653445147456.png

And you can get more details about New format pane in the following official documentation.

The new Format pane in Power BI Desktop (preview)

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
KerKol
Super User
Super User

I believe the Values box has been renamed to be the Y-Axis

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.