Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Micha05
Frequent Visitor

Build Measure summing up 3 individual measures with no interactions to each other

Hi all, 

the search and all topics around did not help me to get my job done. 

I'm trying to use PBI as a Configurator. 

https://i.ibb.co/C0bKD3T/2020-09-15-09-49-22-Window.png

What I did - I added 3 different parameter for selecting the qty and 3 slicer from the same column (CFN) and 3 tables which show the selection in CFN slicer the according information and multiplied by the qty. Within the table I'm doing some calculations and get to a final net. Each table has their own measure for the columns, thus every Final net is a stand alone measure based on the calculations in the table. 

to achieve that each slicer (CFN) reflects only the table next to it, I changed the interactions to not interact. 

Now I come to my issue. I'd like to have a measure down below the table that shows me the sum of all 3 stand alone final net measure. How can i achieve that? 

Many thanks for your help in advance, 

Michael 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Micha05 ,

Edit interactions only affect corresponding visuals. In your scenario you will need to create a slicer table for each visual.

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Micha05 , In that case, you have two create three measures like

measure =
calculate([measure], filter(Table, Table[col1] = "ABC"))

measure =
calculate([measure], filter(Table, Table[col1] = "ABC"), removefilters(Table[col1]))

Thanks @amitchandak for your quick reply and approach. To be sure if I get your point right. The slicers called 'CFN' are highly dynamic. there are 100+ values available which users could select, but it seems in your measures I need to fix a value > = "ABC". 

There are already 3 measure for each individual net for the 3 tables but what I'm wondering is how I can I tell the new measure it should sum up the 3 final net regardless the interactions. 

Best, 

Michael

@Micha05 , if you want dynamic, then you need to have independent slicers. Two independent slicers at least

example

// removing default slicer and using second slicer
measure =
calculate([measure], filter(Table, Table[col1] = selectedvalue(Slicer2[Col1])), removefilters(Table[col1]))

measure =
calculate([measure], filter(Table, Table[col1] in values(Slicer2[Col1])), removefilters(Table[col1]))

Does 2 independet filters mean that they also need two different columns? Or could the 2 slicers based on the same column from the same table only with disabled interactions?

Hi @Micha05 ,

Edit interactions only affect corresponding visuals. In your scenario you will need to create a slicer table for each visual.

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.