Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marsclone
Helper IV
Helper IV

Build Balance and P&L

Hi!

For our organization, with the help of fellow forum members, I have built a P&L and a Balance Sheet in recent years. However both are put together separately and in their own way.

The P&L fairly complex and the Balance Sheet simpler.

Now I would like to build the P&L in the same way as the Balance Sheet but ask myself if this is possible?

The subtotals of the P&L are calculated differently than those of the Balance Sheet. Also, the result of the P&L should be added to the equity in the Balance Sheet.

I hope you can help me further. I show the results in the image below.

I have also attached a test file.

Thanks and best regards,

Marcel

Testfile 

Balance - P&L.pngSubtotals.png

12 REPLIES 12
TarunSharma
Skilled Sharer
Skilled Sharer

Hello @marsclone 

If you check your data there are no values for Net Income. Once you updated the data then you can see the changes accordingly.

Thank You.

Hi @TarunSharma 

You are correct that there are no values for Net Income, the values for "Gross Profit","EBITDA", .... , "Net Income" have to be calculated first. The current measure is not working properly, when this works then your measures come in place i think?

The outcome looks like this

P&L - Right.png

Thank you!

Hello @marsclone 

Could you please confirm is it working properly or not? If there is any issue could you please share the pbix file after removing the sensitive information? Also, please share the updated file and expected result.

Hello @TarunSharma 

The expected result should look like this

P&L - Right.png

You are correct that there are no values for Net Income, the values for "Gross Profit","EBITDA", .... , "Net Income" have to be calculated first. The current measure is not working properly, when this works then your measures come in place i think?

Kind regards

Marcel

TarunSharma
Skilled Sharer
Skilled Sharer

Hello @marsclone 

Please check the attached file.

Hello @TarunSharma 

Thank you for your work, only i don't see a difference? Is there something going wrong?

Balance - P&L new.png

Hello @marsclone 

Could you please share the updated data in which I'll get Net Income value? Please share the expected output as well. According to my understanding, you need to add Result and Net Income. Isn't it?

Hi @TarunSharma 

Ultimately, Net Income must be added to the Result in the balance sheet.

However, to accomplish this, the P&L must first be properly calculated. The current measurement ensures that the balance sheet is built up correctly, however the P&L is not.

The subtotals of the P&L must be determined differently. The desired result looks like this:

P&L - Right.png

If the P&L is built properly, then the Net Income should be added to the result in the balance sheet. The desired result then looks like this:

Balance - P&L.png

I hope, you can help me with this. Thanks again for your help!

Regards,
Marcel

Hi, @marsclone 

Could you please share the updated sample data? Otherwise we can hardly help you.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Janey

Hi, @v-janeyg-msft 

I am very grateful for all the help, but there is no updated data.
The data as it is in the test file is the available data.

As I mentioned in my post of 11-17-2021, the subtotals of the balance sheet are calculated correctly and those of the p&l are not.
This should be solved first. I have illustrated by means of a picture what the desired result should be.

I hope that you can help me with this?

Kind regards,

Marcel

@marsclone 

Sorry, due to COVID-19 screening, I may not be able to give you an answer until next Wednesday.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Janey

Hi @v-janeyg-msft 

No problem, i hope you can help me further.

Stay well!

Regards Marcel

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

November Power BI Update 768x460.png

Check it Out!

Click here to read more about the November 2021 Updates!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.