Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rdg515
Resolver I
Resolver I

Bug with paramater with 2 decimal places - Single Value selection

When creating a Parameter with two decimal places, then creating a slicer from it, if you select the option to display the slicer as a Single Value, then type in a value it will overwrite that value with an approximation.

Test Values = GENERATESERIES(CURRENCY(5.00), CURRENCY(250.00), CURRENCY(0.01))

Value Selection = SELECTEDVALUE('P0AA'[Value], 100.00)

I really would prefer to allow the user to type in the amount instead of having to use a dropdown given the large range of values.  Please fix!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Disregard, I can see that this is a limitation as explained by the following post.  A notification is provided explaining that there are too many parameter values.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/What-If-Slicer-Single-Value-Autocorrecting-Issue/m-p/354182...

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

I also faced with this annoying behavior and found a workaround. Just wanted to share here wishing it helps others.

After creating what-if parameter, change slicer type to "greater than" or "between" instead of "single value". And then, change default measure formula to MIN(parametercolumn) instead of SELECTEDVALUE(paramentercolumn,0).

Lastly, you can hide slider handle using format pane and hide second input box by resizing the visual.

Done: End user experience is same and we have full list of values available!

v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@rdg515 ,

You can use "Between" instead of "Drop down" like below:

Capture.PNG 

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

The objective is to allow the user to select only one value from the range, not a range of values.

Disregard, I can see that this is a limitation as explained by the following post.  A notification is provided explaining that there are too many parameter values.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/What-If-Slicer-Single-Value-Autocorrecting-Issue/m-p/354182...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.