Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Bug in the alphabetic ordering of values in slicer between different language versions?

Hey!

I created a template Power BI file for my organization. The organization primarily uses Finnish version of Power BI, but when I originally created the template I was using English Desktop version. I got feedback that when creating a slicer in the template the order of text values is wrong, as character Ä and ä are recognized as A and a, which puts them alphabetically in wrong order. As Ä and ä are supposed to be in the end of the alphabetic order, not in the beginning. Has anyone else encountered this kind of bug?

(Also this function seemingly couldn´t be changed later on, so I had to recreate the template.)

4 REPLIES 4
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

You could check the Issues forum here:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/idb-p/Issues

And if it is not there, then you could post it.

If you have Pro account you could try to open a support ticket. If you have a Pro account it is free. Go to https://support.powerbi.com. Scroll down and click "CREATE SUPPORT TICKET".

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Greg_Deckler Thank you for a fast reply! I´ll check the issues forum. 

DouweMeer
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

It is not really a bug, but you could  try to filter the visuals on a different value instead.

Or perhaps use something like left ( text , 1 ) rankx stuff.

Otherwise, just tell the Finnish that their alphabet isn't included in Power BI yet and that you will include it as soon as it is available :).

Anonymous
Not applicable

@DouweMeer Thanks for a fast reply! Well, the case here is that other people were using my template, surely there is a way around the issue, but in case of random users in different departments it would be preferable for the template to work as smooth as possible.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.