Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

dperes1991
Frequent Visitor

Bug in PowerBi - Screen dislocation

Hello Everybody,

I've been experiencing this issue for a long time. Ever since november update is happening to me, I've alreeady tried to reset my pc user, I've already changed my computer, but the issue keeps happening.

Has someone already deal with this?

Thank you so mutch!

Error'.PNGerror2.PNG

12 REPLIES 12
wlewicki
Frequent Visitor

Hi Everyone,

I have disabled "Arrange windows automatically by dragging them to sides or corners of the screen" option on my windows Multi-tasking settings and so far problem solved for me.

Type Multi-tasking on your search bar to open the multi-tasking form and turn off the feature.

Hope it works for you!

Regards,

Wenceslau Lewicki

samuelpereira
Frequent Visitor

Dear friends, has there been any evolution regarding the problem? We have been suffering from this behavior for months. I have switched the machine three times, all with good memory and processor capacity, SSD, Windows 10. The error occurs regardless of the specifics of the data source and cut the screens during the execution of various functions, especially in the Query Editor. In some cases the screen appears after you run Alt + Tab, or cancel and retry the action. In other cases you need to exit the Query Editor, in others you need to close Power BI. In extreme cases it is necessary to restart the OS. I currently have Power BI running on the August 2018 version, but I have noticed the error in all monthly versions since the January 2018 version.

Erro1.pngErro2.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Samuel, bom dia.

Estou enfrentando o mesmo problema.

Voce conseguiu solucionar o seu?

att.

Também estou com este problema... não consegui resolver,

dperes1991
Frequent Visitor

Error like thisError like this

dperes1991
Frequent Visitor

I Have windows 10 also, But this problem started since november. Has Microsoft said anything about it?

andbar13

I have the last version(13/02/2018) and I'm with the same problem. Did you know how to correct?

Whats your windows version?

Anonymous
Not applicable

This looks like a Windows issue to me.  What happens if you run the following commands in 'cmd' ?

net stop uxsms
net start uxsms

Does running those remove the left overs?

I'm running this comand and its happening as its shown below:

In english:

"C:\Users\daniel.peres>Net stop uxsms

Invalid service name.

To obtain more help, tap NET HELPMSG 2185"

erro 3.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, looking at a quick search for UXSMS and windows 10, its not possible to stop it anymore.  Previous versions of windows you could and it cleared out a number of issues where UI elements would continue to draw after their elements removed.

The service you are restarting is related to AERO.  I'm not sure what the Windows 10 equivilent would be, but if it worked it would give you an indication that its a problem with how windows draws things, rather than being unique to Power BI specificially.  I'm curious if Power BI is simply tripping over a larger Windows 10 problem.

v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@dperes1991,

I can not reproduce it with the latest version. You may try to create a support ticket.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.