Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Bug in Power BI service after introducing +/- in Matrix Row header

I was working on a scenrio in Power BI desktop Nov 2018 version.  There were 2 pages in the report which is summary and a detail and i am looking for Drillthrough from Summary to Detail. 

In Summary, i have a matrix with 2 fields under Rows and i enabled +/- and it was working fine. I have also added 2 drill through fileds in detail page. When i right click on a filed in  collapse mode(+) for drilling through, its working and navigating to detail page. Similarly, when i right click on a field in exapanded mode (-), even for that filed drill through is working. This is Perfect with Power BI desktop.

But the same feature is not working after the report is published to Power BI service. In Power BI service, i cannot see drill through option for collapsed portion (+). I can only able to drill through with expanded data (-). 

As drill through is our priority. I have disabled +/- in my report and removed the second row. On only row, driull through works as expected in both desktop and service.

Please fix this

2 REPLIES 2
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi MuraliKrishna,

Does this issue happens in edit mode? Could you share some screenshot which can reflect the difference between power bi service and desktop?

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I dont have a screenshot regarding this. This is not working as expected in Power BI service. I cannot see drill through option after right clicking on field on collapsed mode (+). But this is working in Power BI desktop.

But for the expanded mode (-), after expanding the matrix rows, if we try to right click on the filed, we can see drill through option. this works both in Power BI desktop & Service.

Thanks,

Murali Krishna 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.