cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

Bug in Power BI Desktop June 2020 version ?

In what it seems, random files I have open in PBI desktop this yellow banner is constantly up

bug.PNG

Of course it's there when you have unapplied steps from PQ that need to be loaded into your model. However that's not the case.

This "Pending changes" banner is there....  ALWAYS. 

If I press "Apply changes" then I apply Query Metadata for few seconds and the banner pops up again.

If I press "Discard Changes" then few lines appear in a pop up message which usually include "Language" and some other things. I press "OK" but the banner keeps appearing again and again.

Is this just me or.... ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

Re: Bug in Power BI Desktop June 2020 version ?

I think this has something to do with the parameters in the PBIX files. It's definitely a bug I think.

As a workaround I did this:

* In Power Query Editor I right clicked on each parameter affected and enabled load  

* In Power BI desktop: Applied pending changes
* In PQ, disabled load

Problem solved

Ps. I do not have the preview feature "Store datasets using enhanced metadata format" enabled

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Hi,

Try to uninstall Power BI(all preview versions too) from your Computer and install a fresh one.

Highlighted
Super User IV
Super User IV

@Yggdrasill , if it does not work after the suggestion of uninstall and install.

check and log an issue at https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/idb-p/Issues

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!!
My Recent Blog -Week is not so Weak Connect on Linkedin

Proud to be a Super User!

Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

Does not work - did a proper uninstall and then a clean install again.

Highlighted
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

One of your Pibx file in your computer is the problem. Try to find which one that needs to apply the changes on and apply it to it. I think you could have forgotten to apply the chages before closing Power bi desktop. 

Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

I think this has something to do with the parameters in the PBIX files. It's definitely a bug I think.

As a workaround I did this:

* In Power Query Editor I right clicked on each parameter affected and enabled load  

* In Power BI desktop: Applied pending changes
* In PQ, disabled load

Problem solved

Ps. I do not have the preview feature "Store datasets using enhanced metadata format" enabled

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Helper IV
Helper IV

I'm having this issue as well... 😞

• rolled back to May build of PowerBI
  • tried loading tables set to not load from PQ
  • no parameters are defined in PQ
  • tried turning off the "enhanced Meta-Data format" (had turned it on for better support with Tabular Editor, etc)
  • the Apply Query dialog shows inly two of my tables when I try to apply changes, but it seems to go through, no error messages that I'm ever able to observe.
  • everything "Seems" to still be working ok with the exception that the banner just won't go away!

Other suggestions? Open an Issue?

Highlighted
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Hi @rpiboy1 

This issue is already marked as solved. if it didn't help you then you need to Open a new Issue in order for all community members can see it as a pending issue.

Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
May 2020 Community Highlights

May 2020 Community Highlights

It’s time for another PBI Community recap!

Community Blog

Community Blog

Visit our Community Blog for articles, guides, and information created by fellow community members.

Using the Community

Using the Community

Need help with the Power BI Community? Our 'Using the Community' support articles are a great place to start.

Galleries

Galleries

Looking for inspiration on how to present your data? Need instructional videos? Check out our Galleries!

Top Solution Authors