Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Yggdrasill
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Bug in Power BI Desktop June 2020 version ?

In what it seems, random files I have open in PBI desktop this yellow banner is constantly up

bug.PNG

Of course it's there when you have unapplied steps from PQ that need to be loaded into your model. However that's not the case.

This "Pending changes" banner is there....  ALWAYS. 

If I press "Apply changes" then I apply Query Metadata for few seconds and the banner pops up again.

If I press "Discard Changes" then few lines appear in a pop up message which usually include "Language" and some other things. I press "OK" but the banner keeps appearing again and again.

Is this just me or.... ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Yggdrasill
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

I think this has something to do with the parameters in the PBIX files. It's definitely a bug I think.

As a workaround I did this:

* In Power Query Editor I right clicked on each parameter affected and enabled load  

* In Power BI desktop: Applied pending changes
* In PQ, disabled load

Problem solved

Ps. I do not have the preview feature "Store datasets using enhanced metadata format" enabled

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Yggdrasill , if it does not work after the suggestion of uninstall and install.

check and log an issue at https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/idb-p/Issues

aj1973
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi,

Try to uninstall Power BI(all preview versions too) from your Computer and install a fresh one.

Regards
Amine Jerbi

If I answered your question, please mark this thread as accepted
and you can follow me on
My Website, LinkedIn and Facebook

Yggdrasill
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Does not work - did a proper uninstall and then a clean install again.

One of your Pibx file in your computer is the problem. Try to find which one that needs to apply the changes on and apply it to it. I think you could have forgotten to apply the chages before closing Power bi desktop. 

Regards
Amine Jerbi

and you can follow me on

Yggdrasill
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

I think this has something to do with the parameters in the PBIX files. It's definitely a bug I think.

As a workaround I did this:

* In Power Query Editor I right clicked on each parameter affected and enabled load  

* In Power BI desktop: Applied pending changes
* In PQ, disabled load

Problem solved

Ps. I do not have the preview feature "Store datasets using enhanced metadata format" enabled

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm having this issue as well... 😞

• rolled back to May build of PowerBI
  • tried loading tables set to not load from PQ
  • no parameters are defined in PQ
  • tried turning off the "enhanced Meta-Data format" (had turned it on for better support with Tabular Editor, etc)
  • the Apply Query dialog shows inly two of my tables when I try to apply changes, but it seems to go through, no error messages that I'm ever able to observe.
  • everything "Seems" to still be working ok with the exception that the banner just won't go away!

Other suggestions? Open an Issue?

aj1973
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Anonymous 

This issue is already marked as solved. if it didn't help you then you need to Open a new Issue in order for all community members can see it as a pending issue.

Regards

Regards
Amine Jerbi

and you can follow me on

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.