cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Bug in Desktop, Version: 2.79.5768.721 64-bit (mars 2020) - Error when "Apply query changes

I believe this error occurs when you delete folders with queries inside of them! 

Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Re: Bug in Desktop, Version: 2.79.5768.721 64-bit (mars 2020) - Error when "Apply query changes

hi @v-lid-msft ,

in response to your question: no, am not using Postgres. This report is using mock data in CSV files. It will be deployed to connect to SQL Server when ready.

However, and noting the other points raised on this thread I have some similar factors:

• The CSV files are stored on OneDrive for Business, that has SSO for authentication using an organisation account
  • I have deleted unwanted Query Folders
  • I have updated to the latest PowerBI this week, and enabled Preview Features

Cheers

Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Have just turned OFF the Preview Feature "Store datasets using enhanced metadata format" and restarted PowerBI Desktop, and this has now resolved the issue for me. I can now make changes in Transform/PowerQuery and they apply and update the report fine.

Highlighted
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@Axegreat spot. Just done the same and my query now works.

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AslakJonh , @jadagostino1993 , @Axe , @gooranga1 , @gooranga1 ,

Based on the test result of @Axe  & @gooranga1 ( thank you for both) ,  it seems like the root reason is the preview feature  enhanced dataset metadata  is enabled But it seems many kind of operations will result in this issue, the only steps we can reproduce is deleting a folder with query ( thank your for @jadagostino1993 's information) , we will report this issue and then update here if we got anything new,

1.jpg

Currently the workaround is creating a backup then disable the preview feature enhanced dataset metadata in options.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Dong Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I'm struggling with the same error..

Yesterday I deleted query folders with unwanted queries, applied changes and it worked fine. Today I have just made a few changes to the query itself, and it gives me the error.

I'm working with excel and csv data sources.

The workaround with deactivating the preview feature does not work for me though..

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

i'm seeing the same issue. This report was working just fine a couple days ago and now when i go to refresh, i get the sqldumper.exe prompt and this error message.

March 2020 (2.79.5768.1082) 64-bit

Also to confirm, i disabled enhanced dataset metadata and am still getting the same error message.

Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

I can confirm that this happens when deleting a query folder. No issues when not. 

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Confirmed my issue was due to deleting a query folder. The Preview feature "Store datasets using enhanced metadata format" was never enabled for me.

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @siopow ,

What is the version of your Power BI Desktop? Could you please try to reproduce this issue on a blank pbix file after restart Power BI Desktop? Does your error information be similar with the one in the origin post?

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Dong Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Blog

Community Blog

Visit our Community Blog for articles, guides, and information created by fellow community members.

Using the Community

Using the Community

Need help with the Power BI Community? Our 'Using the Community' support articles are a great place to start.

Community Summit North America

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow. The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (495)