cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Re: Bug in Desktop, Version: 2.79.5768.721 64-bit (mars 2020) - Error when "Apply query changes

i'm currently on 2.79.5768.721 64-bit (March 2020).  I encountered my issue when i deleted the Query Error Folder that gets created when your data gets loaded but contains some errors. yes, the issue is exactly like the screenshot shown above. 

Highlighted

Re: Bug in Desktop, Version: 2.79.5768.721 64-bit (mars 2020) - Error when "Apply query changes

Same issue after deleting Groups of queries that had been referenced in Merged tables

Workaround I discovered

1. Remove references to Queries in Merged Table
  2. Apply chagnes
  3. Delete individual Queries under the Groups
  4. Apply changes
  5. Delete empty Groups

Hope that helps

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

A somehow obvious temp workaround, as you can not Apply changes is:

1. Prior discarding changes go back to Power Query
  2. For each edited Query go to Advanced Editor
  3. Copy whole text to a text editor (Notepad) for backup, as you will lose changes after you discard changes in step 4 (Notepad)
  4. Now discard changes (this will keep Group/Query that is obviously a reason for the bug)
  5. Enter Power Query again
  6. Go to Advanced Editor of the desired Query
  7. Overwrite content with one from Notepad
  8. DO NOT DELETE ANY Group/Query (at least until the bug is resolved in another wonderful BI Desktop update)
  9. Apply changes...

This worked, at least for me. The procedure for newly created queries is similar.

Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

Exactly the same situation here .  I'm using version 2.79.5768.1082 64-bit (march 2020).

Another test: I deactivated all preview features and deleted all queries to get an empty report with no data and I got the same error. 

Highlighted

Hi,

I had this issue and what worked for me was to go into the Transform Data screen and switch off each query (Untick Enable Load) and click Apply. Once the error disappeared and the data loaded I could re-enable each query and they all worked again.

Hope that helps.

Toby.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Unfortunately, the issue is still present in May release 😞

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Yes I do, running into more Postgre Specific issues as now as well. The new meta data set up does not seem to want to play nicely with redshift. 

Now I'm consistently getting invalid digit errors even when I completely remove the offending column, it's like the meta data is preserving that it was there or something along those lines. 

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

This approach works for me! Thanks!

I had the same issue after I updated my view in snowflake. 

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Cons for this approach: the masures/columns you created will be removed and visual may be broken. 

Another method worth trying: Remove the incremental refresh and refresh your dataset again.

This works for me and all the masures/columns are kept.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

All issues have been fixed for me in the recent May update (I mean version 2.81.5831.761 released on May 19th). I'm able to apply query changes without any problems now

Helpful resources

Announcements
June 2020 Community Highlights

June 2020 Community Highlights

Featured community members, changes to the Community, and more! Read up on recent Power BI community news.

Using the Community

Using the Community

Need help with the Power BI Community? Our 'Using the Community' support articles are a great place to start.

Community Summit North America

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow. The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors