Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Boja
Advocate II
Advocate II

Bug: importing from ADL

Hi team,

I love the new ver of PBI, but i am facing a problem that didn't exist before. Namely, when I tried to import data from Azure Data Lake (the same files I used on my previous reports without any issue), it is showing me an error below.

Could you please advise? Thanks!

1.png

3 REPLIES 3
jadefaerie
Frequent Visitor

I'm getting this same error trying to connect to ADL for the first time from PowerBI. I have no transform operations, queries, filters, nothing -- just trying to connect for the first time. I get this error every time. Have you found a solution to this problem?

v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Boja

I can't reproduce your problem.

Is any transform operation in query editor, such as custom function, merge/combine query operations in your report?

Or is there some measure like IF condition?

IF(condition, "Yes","no")

Best Regards

maggie

@v-juanli-msft 

Hi Maggie,

Thanks for replying. 

the source is tsv file that doesnt have any functions or logic inside. The situation is more weird because it is the same data source i am using last 7 months. It works fine in the old report (can be refreshed, etc), but when i try to open it in a new blank pbix it reports this error. I tried the same with some other documents and happened the same (no matter if they are on ADL or sharepoint, it seems that only locally stored files works without this error). It started happening with the last PBI version. Is it possible is some kind of bug?Does anybody else experience the same?

thanks

🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.