Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Bug: Home come value changed after loading into the model?

How is this happening??? I was trying to unpivot the table and loading into the report.

However, the value CHANGED after loading into the PBI desktop. 😫 Is this some kind of magic..?
Then how can I ensure the data accuracy...? No wonder the number never aligns, because the data is not accurate from the very first beginning....

Capture.PNGCapture1.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Anonymous,

Query edit not really get data and save records to pbix file, it used to show the preview of processing result on current query steps and Datasource snapshot records.

For query editor previews, they weren't auto-trigger refresh to pull the latest records. (as notice panel said, your preview show processing result of 5 days ago Datasource snapshot data) 
When you apply saving changes and exit to query editor, it will auto turned on refresh on data model table records. (these operations will get latest records)
So your data view records not matched with backend query table previews. I'd like to suggest you do refresh operations on your query table side to get the latest records, it should fix the data not matched issue between backend and front.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Anonymous,

Query edit not really get data and save records to pbix file, it used to show the preview of processing result on current query steps and Datasource snapshot records.

For query editor previews, they weren't auto-trigger refresh to pull the latest records. (as notice panel said, your preview show processing result of 5 days ago Datasource snapshot data) 
When you apply saving changes and exit to query editor, it will auto turned on refresh on data model table records. (these operations will get latest records)
So your data view records not matched with backend query table previews. I'd like to suggest you do refresh operations on your query table side to get the latest records, it should fix the data not matched issue between backend and front.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

This is not a refresh issue, it's a conditional column where value column is depending other column to show the status, especially, those are historical data for few months ago and data will not change no matter how many times I refresh.

Hope that clear this up.

HI @Anonymous,

So you mean this 'value' field is a conditional column based on other fields? If this is a case, which field it checks? Did it refer from other query table fields? Please explain more about these to help us clarify your scenario.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Xiaoxin! I've figured it out, it was due to data changed somehow in the background, thank you for looking into this for me.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , This is strange. I can see a few replace value steps. Can you check if some of the replace value has caused it

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.