Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Budget aggregation from month to week/days

Hi All,

I am currently working on a dashboard/report, where we would like to see the order intake vs. budget per week. The budget values (based on BW source) is aggregated on year-month level. I am trying to split these values in budget per week, but unfortunately it will only take the first week of the month, because of the relationship that we created in the data model. BW changes are not prefered.

Below's picture shows how the data is shown in the graph and in a table. The goal is to create a straight line for the weeks within that month (monthly budget / weeks in that month).

Schermafbeelding 2020-06-23 om 17.15.57.png

Below the relationship between the FactBudget and Calendar table. Note that the MonthYear field is a date field (e.g. 01.06.2020).

Schermafbeelding 2020-06-23 om 17.17.13.png

I already tried the following:
- Create measure where blank value for week should take the first value of the month or the same value of previous week.
- Create sepprate table with summarize on year, month, week and try to use lastnonblankvalue.

So far, no solution that's solving my issue here. So I am looking forward to new suggestions!

Thank you in advanced!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Found the solution in the PBIX file in the following post.
Thanks!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Found the solution in the PBIX file in the following post.
Thanks!

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous ,Can you share sample data and sample output in table format? Or a sample pbix after removing sensitive data.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@amitchandak Did you have time to look for a possible solution? Thanks in advanced!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@amitchandak Please find here the sample PowerBI file.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.