Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Bubble chart - making unfiltered bubbles disappear

Hi,

I'm creating a bubble chart which shows number of occupations in different places, by their ability to work from home, and how much they get paid. In some places there is no presence of certain occupations (or values are sufficiently low that the data is suppressed). When a place is filtered for, I want these null values to disappear. I've added a filter for "Number" to be greater than 0. This makes the null values get smaller and turn see-through but they're still there.

Power BI example.PNG

Does anyone have any ideas?

On a second question - is there a way to change the scaling parameters for bubbles? I can see how you change the size, but values which are three times larger are only showing up as slightly bigger bubbles.

Thanks!

Daniel

4 REPLIES 4
V-lianl-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Please try to replace 'or' option with 'and' option and keep Keep unique visual level filter. 

Best Regards,
Liang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous did you tried the option or is not blank.

What is number? Is it a measure?

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@parry2k 

Thanks. Add or is not blank means they all come back:

Power BI example 2.PNG

Number is a column in a data table. Do you think using a measure would help? The fact they go seethrough when I filter for >0 suggests I'm doing the right thing, but the issue is a presentational one...

Thanks

Daniel

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry - please ignore. i had a double number filetr on by accident!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.