Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

tabuzahra
Helper II
Helper II

Bubble Matrix

Hello,

I'm trying to do a matrix like the one shown below in the image. Where the buble size depends on number of projects Vs Project Status for each client.

I haven't seen any ready made visualization for such thing, and looking forward for your valuable feedback

2019-03-31_13-29-19.png

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@tabuzahra i'm sure this can be done using svg which will allow to create own image and size can be done using data. Can you share sample data? What are those background color? What that represents?

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

View solution in original post

@tabuzahra here is the 1st attempt at it. Didn't follow the logic for background color since there is nothing as project in your dataset.

But you can look at bubbles and make the changes as per your need.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@tabuzahra i'm sure this can be done using svg which will allow to create own image and size can be done using data. Can you share sample data? What are those background color? What that represents?

Hi Parry,

Thanks. Below is a sample data.

In regards of the background color, it represents as following:

• Red refers that the project status for selected clients are (Ongoing - Delayed, On Hold, Completed Delayed)
  • Yellow refers that the project status for other than the selected clients are (Complete - Delayed) and for all clients when the status is (Cancelled)
  • Green if the status are either (Ongoing - On Track) or (Completed - On Time)

Ongoing - delayedOn-holdCompleted - delayedCancelledOngoing - on trackCompleted - on time
Client 127625462
Client 233333 
Client 36 2122
Client 423323411
Client 5124735 
Other Clients386234  
Internal3273  

The background color can be represented by the Circle color 

@tabuzahra here is the 1st attempt at it. Didn't follow the logic for background color since there is nothing as project in your dataset.

But you can look at bubbles and make the changes as per your need.

Hi Parry,

I have tried using it but I have got circle wasn't shown in the matrix table as it's showing

data&colon;image/svg+xml;utf8,<svg xmlns='http://www.w3.org/2000/svg' height='200' width='200' ><circle cx='100' cy='100' r='4100' stroke='#00BFFF' stroke-width='1' fill='#00BFFF' /> <text x='50%' y='50%' text-anchor='middle' stroke='White' stroke-width='2px' dy='.3em'>41</text></svg>

instead of the image, what would go wrong?

Hello, 

I have the same issue. 

Did you solve this problem? 

Thank, 

Anett 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@anettbaksa

Change the data category of the measure you created to Image URL. you will see images instead of text

Regards,

Rohan

How do you do the bubble chart in a matrix?

@MikeMonera the solution posted here (attached file in previous thread) is showing bubble in matrix, not sure if you had chance to look at it or not. 

My guy, this has been an absolute lifesaver.

I've modified it to do some conditional formatting in the KPI for different colours on the circle. 

Can you help me on how to make the text inside the circles bigger and easier to read?

Thanks a lot Parry much appreciated. Yes this is what I needed, though I don't have any background in regards of SVG.

How can I change the background color depends on the project status? 

Example:

1. If the project status is Ongoing - Delayed or On-Hold for all clients then it should be Red
  2. If the project status is Completed - Delayed for all clients other than (Other Clients & Internal) then it should be Red
  3. If the project status is Completed - Delayed for clients (Other Clients & Internal) then it should be Yellow
  4. If the project status is Cancelled for all clients then it should be Yellow
  5. If the project status is Ongoing - On Track or Completed - On Time then it should be Green

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.