Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

wakey14

Bubble Map Zoom & Interaction issue

Hi Community!

I have 4 visuals on a page with a bar chart by region with a count.  A pie chart shows a breakdown of 4 categories which add up to the bar chart count.  A count card.  A bubble map showing location using post/zip code with the count determining the size of the bubble.

When I select a bar in the chart, the count card changes (tick), the pie chart changes (tick) and the map zooms into all all bubbles/locations within that region (tick).  However, when I then click on a bubble on the map the pie chart, count card and bar chart do what I want them to do but the map zooms back out to cover all regions where I need the map to stay zoomed in.  I first thought it was because the interaction on the bar chart was off, but it occurs regardless of the interaction chosen. 

Step 1 - all regions/values at total/default position with map zoomed out with full view (tick)

Zoom Issue 1 Nov17.png

Step 2 - region bar selecte, count and pie chart change and map zooms to region (tick)

Zoom Issue 2 Nov17.png

Step 3 - after slected bubble clicked in step 2, region bar reverts back to totals amounts, pie chart chnages and count changes (tick).  However, map zooms back out to full view vs. staying zoomed into region (this happends regardless of which interaction I choose).

Zoom Issue 3 Nov17.png

2 REPLIES 2
Johannes_Swarts
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

I have the same issue.  I have a table with some data in it - rows are countries and states.  Clicking on a row, I get zoomed to the country or state in a second view - a bubble map.  I want to be able to click on a bubble to get more detailed information in a thrid table.

However, clicking on the bubble zooms the map out to a full global view.  Not very convenient if I want to examine a numb er of bubbles withing the selected geography.

Has this issue been solved?

Thanks,

Hans

v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @wakey14,

Currently, cross filtering/highlighting can only work on a single visual. If you select on another visual, it will reset the original filtering/highlight.

Here is the idea shared on Power BI Ideas. You can vote it up and add your comments there to improve Power BI on this feature. Smiley Happy

Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.