Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

VermontSC
Frequent Visitor

Bubble Chart Colours

I'm trying to get a bubble chart that tracks the number of students getting certain scores over time. I can get the chart moving correctly by using a calculated Details field which includes the Subject, Year Level, And above/below the expected score.

However, this also means that each bubble has it's own score as each bubble has a unique Details field.  Putting the Subject on the Legend gives me a legend that is correct, but doesn't help with the bubble colours. Putting the subject under details makes it unable to display.

I have the Score on the Y axis, Year Level on teh X axis, and Calendar Year on the Play axis.

What I'd like to do is have each Subject as it's own colour.  Trying all the variations I can find either results in incorrect movement, summation/average of scores, or a view that can't be displayed.

Any ideas?

2 REPLIES 2
v-caliao-msft
Employee
Employee

@VermontSC,

I have tested it on my local environment, when adding [Subject] field to Legend, each subject has a different color.

Capture.PNG

So in your scenario, could you please provide us some screenshots about your report, if possible provide us your PBIX file, so that we can make further analysis.

Regards,

Charlie Liao

Hi,

The problem is not with getting individual colours for subjects, but that all dots for that subject don't appear the same colour. You can see in the samples below that EVERY dot is a differnt colour and the legend is by and large ignored.

1.png2.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.