Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MolitorCM
Frequent Visitor

Bring in second query only where rows match in first query

I've seen numerous formum posts that touch on similar questions, but nothing I feel actually answers my situtational question. I may just be misinterpretting other answers because of my limited knowledge....

I have my first query brought in, and filtered down significantly, from over 400K rows, to less than 100K rows. This query has an ID column that is the primary key/unique identifier. 

I want to bring in a second query to bring in, which has the same ID column, but the ID is repeated since the query shows each logged action against the ID. For example, if the file has 4 IDs and each ID has 10 actions logged against it, each ID would show 10 times for a total of 40 rows. 

I want to be able to limit the second query to only show the IDs that appear in the filtered version of my first query. 

Is this possible?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MolitorCM
Frequent Visitor

I've found a solution.

I've created a reference table off of my query and deleted all linked tables that prepopulated with the SFDC Object, except for the linked table that lists the information that I needed. I then used the double-parted arrows to select the rows that I wanted to get from the linked table and expanded the linked table selections.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
MolitorCM
Frequent Visitor

I've found a solution.

I've created a reference table off of my query and deleted all linked tables that prepopulated with the SFDC Object, except for the linked table that lists the information that I needed. I then used the double-parted arrows to select the rows that I wanted to get from the linked table and expanded the linked table selections.

v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@MolitorCM ,

You may refer to the following post.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Power-Query-quot-Contains-quot-not-working-with-quot-List-o...

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-chuncz-msft wrote:

@MolitorCM ,

You may refer to the following post.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Power-Query-quot-Contains-quot-not-working-with-quot-List-o...

As I try to follow the steps in the provided post, I find that I cannot select a Query when creating a parameter (This is my first time setting a parameter).

I have options to edit the following fields, but not the Query field: Name, Description, Required check box, Type, Suggested Values and Current Value.

Is the Query option grayed out because I am not working off of an SQL query?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.