Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Paulompm
Frequent Visitor

Bring data from a specific month to a matrix

Hello guys

I have an matrix that informs the following information:

ProductCurrent salesLast year salesPrevious year total sales
Product 1                    200,00                               50,00                                                            1.000,00
Product 2                    100,00                               60,00                                                            2.000,00
Product 3                      20,00                               40,00                                                            3.000,00
Product 4                      50,00                               50,00                                                            4.000,00
Product 5                    100,00                             100,00                                                            5.000,00
Product 6                      40,00                               40,00                                                            5.000,00
Product 7                      50,00                               50,00                                                                200,00

Current sales: Is the sum of the sales in the passed days in the current month till yesterday.

Last year sales: It's pretty much the same thing of current sales but in the last year.

E.g.: Today is day 9. So I need sales from day 1 to day 8 of this year and the previous year.

Previous year total sales: Total sales for the same month in the previous year E.g.:

It's May/17. Then the matrix shows the sales of whole May/16.

I have 2 report level filters: Month and year.

I tried to make last year sales with dax formulas but I did not succeed. Is there a dax formula that does this?

I have two tables: the classic calendar and the other is salestable.

connections:

calendar 1 - * salestable

thanks

4 REPLIES 4
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Paulompm,

I have found a similar thread, please refer to the solution to check whether it applies to your scenario.

Compare MTD with previous period

Regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Something like this should work:

Current Sales := SUM(SalesTable[Sales])

Current Sales MTD := CALCULATE([Current Sales], DATESMTD(Calendar[Date]))

Current Sales MTD - PY := CALCULATE([Current Sales], DATEADD(DATESMTD(Calendar[Date]), -1, YEAR)))

unfortunately current Sales MTD Is reporting the full-month sale of May not only the MTD. This information is also good but I also need to know the MTD of May last year.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Would it be acceptable to adjust your calendar table to STOP on the last day you have sales?  Then, I think you would get what you want?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors