Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ogabek
Regular Visitor

Bring data (direct query mode) to Power BI from Databricks SQL query

I have some tables and a transformation query in databricks. My task is to import databricks` query output to PowerBI in direct query mode.

Why direct?

• If any table in query is updated, it should affect data on power bi site

I have tried to use direct query in power bi and source as SQL script. But when I update transformation tables in databricks and refresh view in PowerBI, changes didn't show up

Is there any work around to get data from databrick query to PowerBI in nearly real time? At least direct query mode?

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@ogabek , It should update in direct query mode.  set automatic refresh in desktop . Clear cache of browser in case service refresh and try.  Also, check the mode of the table in the model view under property pane -> Advance -> Make sure it direct

thanks for your reply, but it is not just table i am sql querying databricks database and that output is my source

I mentioned the question here too - Stackoverflow 

Best Regards!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.