Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Lenin
Frequent Visitor

Bridging Table Not Working For Me

Hi All,

I have been working with the Microsoft project server data schema to report on resource demand (held in the ResourceDemandTimephasedDataset - RDTD) table versus capacity (held in the ResourceTimephasedDataset - RTD) table.

I added a bridging table (Date) in addition to the resource table to accomodate the many to many relationship between RDTD and RTD. See below for table setup and relationships.

The RDTD can have multiple records for the same day for any resource. The RTD table will have a capacity for the same day of 7.5 hours (37.5 hours per week). So, for example person A on the 26th Feb could have 2 records in the RDTD table because they are working on 2 projects on the same day. The RTD will have 1 record or the 29th March for Resource A showing capacity of 7.5 hours.

My problem is that when I have a resource that has two records for the same date in RDTD and I try to generate a report to show demand (which displays correctly) versus capacity (per week) the report display 75 hours (2 * 37.5 hours) capacity ie. one 37.5 hour weekly capacity for each demand record in RDTD.

Hope thsis clear. Any help greatly appreciated.

Tables:

ResourceDemand1.jpg

Relationships

ResourceDemand4.jpg

ResourceDemand3.jpg

1 REPLY 1
Lenin
Frequent Visitor

Sorry I had a typo in the original

"The RTD will have 1 record or the 29th March "

should say

"The RTD will have 1 record or the 26th Feb"

Apologies.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.