Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Bridge/Waterfall chart with multiple values

Hello,

I've seen some similar posts but not one that exactly addresses this issue I have, I need to replicate this graph:

An_Cll_PBI_0-1601966602540.png

The graph shows some financial values (concepts) ordered by an ID (not by an alphabetical order of the concepts A, B, C, D or E) and I don't know how to replicate it. As you can see, B, C, D are smaller numbers than A or E, but those are shown over them.

This is a sample of how the data they gave me looks like:

An_Cll_PBI_1-1601967000064.png

There are some formulas for the values, like Value1 in Concept C is the Value1 of B + Value 2 of B - Value 2 of C just so you know. My question is, how can I replicate that graph? Like I said, the bars are orders by the ID (not by the concept) and in the case of concepts B, C and D only the Value2 is showing but starting from the height of Value1. If needed we can change how is the data uploaded.

Also, I tried to a stacked bar chart but couldn't change the colors of B, C and D Value1 to White to avoid showing it.

TIA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

At the end I did this:

An_Cll_PBI_0-1602005038575.png

I used a stacked column chart, with 2 created columns and the value2 column, the first created column had value1 for Concept A and D and 0 for the rest and the second created column with Value 1 for concepts B, C and D and 0 for the rest.

What I did was, put the first created column (both blue bars in the image) and the others aren't shown because they have 0 as value, then the second created column with color white (so they aren't shown) and then the value2 column on top to replicate it exactly. Thanks to everyone who helped!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous , First of all get the values in a single column using DAX such as: 

Value 3 = SWITCH(TRUE(),
Table1[ID] IN {1,5}, Table1[Value 1 ],
Table1[ID] IN {2,3,4}, Table1[Value 2]
)

Then use this column in the stacked bar chart/ waterfall chart / any chart of your choice.

Capture.PNGCapture2.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous  Hello, what graph is that? Because whenever I use a waterfall chart there is a total column that shows automatically and I don't know how to hide it.

And I have to wonder, do you know how to make it appear exactly as the image I showed you? Because in this one the bars always start where the last bar finished, is there a way to make it like I showed?

TIA

We can't hide total bar in waterfall chart .

Anonymous
Not applicable

At the end I did this:

An_Cll_PBI_0-1602005038575.png

I used a stacked column chart, with 2 created columns and the value2 column, the first created column had value1 for Concept A and D and 0 for the rest and the second created column with Value 1 for concepts B, C and D and 0 for the rest.

What I did was, put the first created column (both blue bars in the image) and the others aren't shown because they have 0 as value, then the second created column with color white (so they aren't shown) and then the value2 column on top to replicate it exactly. Thanks to everyone who helped!

sreenub
Resolver II
Resolver II

Create a mesure  with  logic : if  value2 is 0 then show Value1 else Value2. use this measure in  Waterfall chart.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, I did think about it before, but after I do that, there's the issue of having the concepts B, C, D starting at the height of concepts A and E, also, I don't know how to hide the total bar in the Waterfall chart. Any ideas?

sreenub_0-1601968651128.png

if it is difference comaprate to  prevoius month , you can  use above logic to build  difference(salesamount -SalesAmountPM)  and plot waterfall chart with  Month and differnce.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.