Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

kjartank
Helper II
Helper II

Breaking down values in a line chart

Hi

I'm trying to make a line chart with 4 lines, but with using only 3 variables.

The first line is simple, as the value is the average of a variable and the axis is date.

The remaining three lines are more complicated. As in the first line, I want it to be the average of a variable. But this variable has to be broken down by three different values, as it measures satisfaction on 3 different areas. So they are asked how they have checked-in and get 3 different options. Later, people are asked how satisfied they are with the process of checking in. I want the average line for each possible answer to be shown in the chart.

Does anyone have an idea that might work?

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @v-ljerr-msft

I think I have found a solution, although it may not be the optimal one. But it works. I've made three conditional columns. So "If Check-in Method = Self service  Then ValueFromMeanCheckIn" This gives me the values that I'm looking for.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @kjartank,

Base on my understanding, you should be able to create different measures with the three variables correspondingly, then show all the measures on the line chart in this scenario.

Could you post your table structures with some sample data and your expected result, so that we can further assist on it? Smiley Happy

Regards

Hi @v-ljerr-msft

I think I have found a solution, although it may not be the optimal one. But it works. I've made three conditional columns. So "If Check-in Method = Self service  Then ValueFromMeanCheckIn" This gives me the values that I'm looking for.

Hi @kjartank,

Great to hear the problem got resolved! Could you accept your reply above as solution to close this thread? Smiley Happy

Regards

Hi.

I'm attaching two pictures. One of the chart I want to produce and one of the data structure. I simply want to break it down to the average mean of each chech-in method.

Chart.pngData.png

Regards

spuder
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

Hi,

could you show us some example data. In that way it is hard to understand.

My first thought is just to make the Averages of those 3 (part) Measures and calculate them strictly mathematically.

=(AVG(Values1) + AVG(Values2) + AVG(Values3))/3

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.