Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Junaid11
Helper V
Helper V

Bottom N based on slicer

I have made a slicer with Top 5 to 100  and was putting below formula in visuals in order to make them work:

Top N Return Value =
CALCULATE (
[Return Value],
KEEPFILTERS (
TOPN (
[Selected N],
ALLSELECTED ('Dummy Report'[Bill to Country ] ),
[Return Value],
DESC
)
)
)
uiokyu.PNG
But one of my column is not working on it. This column has all the negative value in it except few which are zero so when I select Top 5 it does not show any value because 0 is top as compared to - negative value. I want to know what to change in dax or do I need Bottom N sort of some dax function. Kindly help in this matter.
Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
V-lianl-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Junaid11 ,

The formula seems to have no problem. We need you to provide a sample pbix and the results you expect to learn more about this issue.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/m-p/1447523 

If you just want to change from top to bottom, just change the DESC to ASC.

Best Regards,
Liang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
V-lianl-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Junaid11 ,

The formula seems to have no problem. We need you to provide a sample pbix and the results you expect to learn more about this issue.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/m-p/1447523 

If you just want to change from top to bottom, just change the DESC to ASC.

Best Regards,
Liang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Junaid11 , Try like

Top N Return Value =
CALCULATE (
[Return Value],
TOPN (
[Selected N],
ALLSELECTED ('Dummy Report'[Bill to Country ] ),
[Return Value],
DESC
)
, values('Dummy Report'[Bill to Country ] )
)

If this does not help
Can you share sample data and sample output in table format? Or a sample pbix after removing sensitive data.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.