Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Bottom 5 customers for profit but sales should be greater than 100K

Hi Community,

I have to find lowest customers profit and i have a condition that sales should be greathan 100k.

Bottom 5 customers for profit but sales should be greater than 100K.

Please help.

Thanks,

Paruchuri

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Anonymous add new rank column as below and then you can filter on this column

Rank = IF( [Sales] > 100, RANKX( FILTER( Table1, Table1[Sales] > 100 ), Table1[Profit %], , ASC,Dense ) )

Here is the output 

image.png

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous ,

You may refer to the post below.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/RANKX-excluding-blanks/m-p/397656#M181491

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-chuncz-msft  It doesn't give me the expected result. I would like to create the measure first it should check the sales >100 and from that it would give the bottom 5 Profit. 

I have created the customer rank formula as 

Customer Rank =
IF (
([Sales >100K]>100),
RANKX (
FILTER ( ALLSELECTED ( [CustName] ), ( [Sales >100K] >100) ),
[Sales >100K]
)
)

I would need like below.

INPUT

Capture.JPG

Thanks/

@Anonymous this post will help, but if you still cannot figure out, please share data in excel using onedrive/google drive to get your answer quickly. Remove any sensitive information before sharing.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried it but not working. I have pasted the excel sheet.

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AjL_xzhqwRM-wxss_RQr9e1vMspj

@Anonymous add new rank column as below and then you can filter on this column

Rank = IF( [Sales] > 100, RANKX( FILTER( Table1, Table1[Sales] > 100 ), Table1[Profit %], , ASC,Dense ) )

Here is the output 

image.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

The formula is working fine but i'm getting only 1,2 ranks. 

@Anonymous if you see my output it is working as expected, I'm not sure what is your dataset, are you using measures etc etc

Anonymous
Not applicable

The sales and profits are measures. 

@Anonymous add my DAX expression as measure instead of column as I suggested before, 

Anonymous
Not applicable

i created measure only.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.