Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

MarcUrdang
Post Patron
Post Patron

Bookmarks

Hi .. I hope that I can explain my challenge clearly ...

1. I have a main table showing CUSTOMER NAME and related values such as weight, volume etc. 

2. I also have 2 other tables showing the TopN customers per transport mode

Main Table with vaules

Customer Name 1 , Customer Code 1

Customer Name 2, Customer Code 2

Customer Name 1, Customer Code 1

etc

joined to below tables using the Customer Code: Many to One relationship

Table 1 = TopN by SEA                    Table2 = TopN by Air

Customer Name 1                            Customer Name 1

Customer Name 2                            Customer Name 3

Customer Name 4

I have created 2 matrix's with which I use Bookmarks to switch between the two .. the challenge is that if you choose 1 bookmark and filter it and then choose the second Bookmark it obviously doesn't keep any applied filters

Not sure if there is another way to manage this besides using bookmarks

I know that this might be a little vague but if anyone can help advise I would appreciate it

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
SteveCampbell
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Is the only purpose of the bookmark to switch the display of the two matrices ?

If so, you should select the bookmark setting to only "Display". You can do this by clicking on the slipsis of the bookmark in the bookmark pane, and deselecting "Data" and "Current Page".

Also, you should change to "Selected visuals" , not "All Visuals" . Before you do this, re-record the bookmark and have the matricies selected in the selection pane when you add the bookmark.

This may help - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8vw30ltFJ0

The setting should be like so:

Annotation 2020-06-20 132639.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Proud to be a Super User!

Connect with me!
Stay up to date on  
Read my blogs on  

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-diye-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MarcUrdang 

If you've fixed the issue on your own please kindly share your solution. if the above posts help, please kindly mark it as a solution to help others find it more quickly. If not, please kindly elaborate more. thanks!

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.
SteveCampbell
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Is the only purpose of the bookmark to switch the display of the two matrices ?

If so, you should select the bookmark setting to only "Display". You can do this by clicking on the slipsis of the bookmark in the bookmark pane, and deselecting "Data" and "Current Page".

Also, you should change to "Selected visuals" , not "All Visuals" . Before you do this, re-record the bookmark and have the matricies selected in the selection pane when you add the bookmark.

This may help - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8vw30ltFJ0

The setting should be like so:

Annotation 2020-06-20 132639.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Proud to be a Super User!

Connect with me!
Stay up to date on  
Read my blogs on  

jdbuchanan71
Super User
Super User

@MarcUrdang 

When you say your filters get dropped are you talking about slicers and such outside of the matrix that are switching?  If so you can set the bookmarks to only change certain visuals and not others.

Take a look at this thread talking about bookmarks, it has a sample file you can look at also.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Doubling-up-on-bookmarks/m-p/769112#M370614

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.